CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

easy faux peeled paint technique
I thought I'd share with you a new technique that I discovered! I'll show you how to create a faux peeled paint look using Ranger's Perfect Medium and Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paints.


Before I started I've painted a Maya Road chipboard house with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Modern Red before starting. You could do this on any non-porous surface, painted papers, painted cigarbox, chipboard, painted canvas etc. In order for the technique to work you'll need to paint your surface first either with color acrylic paint or Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium.

Using the corner of the Perfect Medium Pad, wipe over the house shape in a few places to create a streaky look.


It should look like this. With a few streaks of Perfect Medium around the house shape. Make sure not to put it everywhere.


Paint over the entire house shape Here I used Claudine Hellmuth Studio in Painterly Pink You will notice that the paint resists and makes a peeled paint look.

It's an easy and quick way to create an aged effect! Hope you enjoy experimenting with this technique!

If you make a project and post it to your blog using any of my Studio Line products, let me know and I'll list it when I do linky blog post! Also for the instructors out there: send me an email if you are teaching a class using my product line and I'll mention it too!

I have a linky blog post planned for later this week with links to some fabulous projects so stay tuned!

Labels: , ,

COMMENTS:
How cool technique. I just think I have to try this one day.
 
I have not seen the Studio Line available for sale here in Sweden, but have ordered some from the u.S. I cannot wait to try it and love the color blending chart you provided.
 
another brilliant Claudine idea...you have so many...and I will get right to trying this one !
Howz the doggie???
XXXOOO
 
awesome! thanks for sharing our greatness! hugs from Conroe, TX!
 
Sweet! My local Michaels just started carrying your product line and I just happen to be making a trip there this week! I'll definitely give this technique a try!
 
Shea - I think Michael's only has the Sticky_back canvas and not the paints. Hoping they will pick up the paints one day sooN!!!
 
ooooooooooooooh - NICE technique Claudine. Thank you for SHaring!! I have lots of that ink/medium and love it with the pigment powders, but never thought of using it with acrylics!
 
Hi Claudine....love the distress look with your paints which are ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!! Check out my blog http://lynneforsythe.blogspot.com/ I used your paints on some metal flowers I made......Tons of Fun!
 
This looks super cool! Gonna have to try it! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC