If you liked this technique, you'll LOVE my online class which starts Feb 10th on Big Picture Classes!
Registration is open right NOW! Yay!
The class is 5 weeks/25 fun filled techniques and you get for forever access all for just $50! For all the details and to register for the class, click here!
Monica Lee of Smart Creative Women is giving away one spot in her online class Smart Creative Style (a $440 value!!) Wow! thanks Monica! This is so exciting!
*** CONTEST IS CLOSED *** scroll down to see the WINNER!
Here are a few little details from Monica about her class:
Smart Creative Style is a 6 week online course that will help you distinguish your personal creative style and run your business. What do the best brands have in common? A singular focus and a knowing of who they are and what emotion lies behind their brand. That focus enables them to make decisions regarding all aspects of their business, including core values and marketing.
Your personal style and your creative business style overlap, and the key to clear branding and good business decisions comes from knowing what works for you, what you are best at and how to communicate that to the world!
This course covers:
logos and brand identity marketing
we talk about ALL platforms of social media and we ask our guests, to share what is working for their brands!!
I was thrilled to be a guest interview for Monica's class, in the interview, I share my social media and business strategies. Also I took the class the first time Monica ran it and I have to tell you it's fabulous!
Find out more about Smart Creative Style here, class starts Feb 11th!
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
Just comment on this blog post and let us know why you'd love to take this class! One winner will have a chance to win one spot in Monica's online class Smart Creative Style. Winner will be selected at random using random.org on Monday February 3rd at 5pm EST. No purchase necessary to enter. Please make sure to leave your email when you comment if you don't have that info on your profile so I can contact you!
Thanks for playing!
**** WE HAVE A WINNER! ****
Congrats to Jennifer Garant! Enjoy Monica's class! Monica will be contacting you soon with all the details!
Thanks everyone for playing :)
PS: Want more online class goodness? Take my class Technique Toolbox side by side with Monica's class! 25 techniques/5 weeks/Forever access - all for $50!! Click here for details!
I was adamant about the glitter. I worked so hard on all those cards, it took days of drawing Smurfs over and over again and I was very proud of them! I gave the cards out on Valentine's Day to all my classmates and they loved them too - everyone loved smurfs at this time so they were a sure hit :)
I've been crafty again in preparation for Valentine's this year and I've created a new conversation heart kit and a new freebie download for you too!
I'm so excited to share with you my newest kit -- Customizable Valentine conversation heart boxes! This kit comes with SEVEN colors included and the white kit can be printed on to colored cardstock giving you endless color options!
Boxes fit wrapped candies, cookies, small gifts, favors and sweet treats. Perfect for cookie exchange parties too!
And this is the best part -- customizable text! You can adjust the text on the hearts right in your PDF, no special software needed! And these sweet little boxes are not just for Valentine's Day gifts! Simply change the text to fit any party or occasion: New Baby, Mother's Day, Teacher Appreciation, Birthday etc!
I also have a video too, I've got some tips to make these boxes go together in a snap! Hop on over to my Etsy shop for all the details about this kit.
Labels: printable kits
Links to this freebie printable on pinterest, twitter, facebook etc are very much appreciated! Thank you for helping to spread the word!
Don't miss any freebies! Make sure to sign up for my email list here:
Labels: free printable
Labels: printable kits
When I was a little girl we used to spend every summer in my Grandma's Caravan (that's what they call campers in England). We'd all huddle in her camper for a few weeks at a time near Tywyn Wales, and we'd visit the beach, read and generally have a restful summer.
I've created 4 Campers each as a separate kit (Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow). Every Retro Camper printable kit comes with TWO removable cupcake trays - one for standard cupcakes and one for mini cupcakes. Can also be used as a cookie, candy, gift box, party centerpiece, favor box, paper toy, or just as fun decoration for your home!
And the best part -- you can print and make as many as you like for your own personal use! Visit my etsy shop to take a closer look.
Labels: printable kits
We have a fun conversation about our current favorite apps, blogs, tools, videos, recipes (my favorite - microwave "baked" apples!), subscriptions and more. Click here to listen to this episode!
It was an invaluable experience working with the Ranger team these past 5 years. I learned so much along the way and it was a thrill to develop from scratch my perfect "dream" formula for paints and mediums with Ranger's in-house chemist. I'm truly proud of our efforts to provide artists and crafters high quality paints and mediums to create with.
Thanks to all of you who supported Studio Line over the years!
PS: If you are taking my online class that starts Feb 10th, I've got you covered! The Claudine Hellmuth Studio products will still be in stores for a little while longer, and I will have a handy list of paint/product substitutions for you that will work for the techniques featured in the class - I'm betting you already have everything you need in your art stash already :)
Labels: Claudine Hellmuth Studio
So when Kevin Kelly (senior Maverick of Wired Magazine) asked me if I would like to check out and review his new book Cool Tools: A Catalog of Possibilities I said "Yes Please!" (full disclosure: I was given a complimentary copy of Kevin's book to review but received no other compensation).
Kevin along with his contributors have created product review descriptions next to each item read like a friend telling you why they love something and how useful it is, it's really such a fun read! My copy of this book is now filled to the brim with Post its!
If you are like me and love reading catalogs, getting tips about hard to find items, or just want a fabulous conversation coffee table book check out Kevin's book here on Amazon, or visit the Cool Tools blog here!
You’ll learn all variety of methods from building backgrounds, image transfers, photo tinting, and working with paints and mediums. If you’ve never worked with paint before, don’t worry! I’ll take the mystery out of the process and if you are comfortable with mixed media materials there will be plenty of techniques for you to experiment with too.
Also this isn’t a class just about paint. We’ll be working with scrapbook papers, and photos in new ways with a variety of image transfer techniques!
Here’s the format for the class: every weekday Monday-Friday I’ll have a detailed instruction video for you where I’ll walk you through a new technique, a total of 5 techniques a week. We’ll use Saturdays and Sundays for catching up so don’t worry, I promise you won’t get behind!
We’ll have some exciting guest designer projects so you can see their interpretation of the technique and then you can try it for yourself!
As soon as you register for the class, you’ll create a super cute and extra special “technique tool box” that I’ve designed for you to download and print. Throughout the class, you’ll also receive 25 technique cards with directions that will fit perfectly in your toolbox!
At the end of class you’ll have a Technique Toolbox full of 25 technique cards and ready for you to add more of your own!And don’t worry if you forget a technique, and want to re-watch a video after class is over, you’ll have FOREVER access to this class so you can always go back and get a refresher!
READY TO SIGN UP? CLICK HERE!
- 25 in-depth instructional technique videos
- 25 printable technique recipe cards with instructions
- 6 printable technique card dividers
- Specially designed printable toolbox to hold all your technique cards
- Bonus content with guest designers showing projects using the techniques
- Welcome videos each week
- Instructional video on how to assemble your toolbox
- Downloadable images for transfer techniques
- Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates and interact with Claudine
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates
- Supply list with live links to product resources
- Class syllabus
- Reminder emails when the classroom is updated with new materials
- Email access to Claudine
- Forever access to class materials in the private BPC classroom
Well actually if you sign up right now it will be $45! Woweee!!! Discount ends 1/23/14 Ready to Sign up? CLICK HERE!
Thank You, Claudine! This 5 week class has given me such wonderful Creative Knowledge! I did not know about any of these techniques and now, I feel like a Genius! I am so happy that I had the opportunity to join in on this class. Thank you again and I hope that one day I'll have to chance to meet you in person! You're AWESOME! -Shari
Just have to chime in, too, with a gigantuous thank you, Claudine! I've been a fan for many years and have all your books and a couple videos, too, but having these techniques together in one 'toolbox' has been fantastic. Your videos were great and all the insider tips, added value to the class. One of my favorite tips: cleaning stencils with rubbing alcohol! Thank you again! - RebeccaVTThis has to be my favorite BPC class "so far". Your videos were great and I learned so many great techniques. Thanks so much for answering all the questions everyone had. You did a fantastic job!!!!! - Mary48
Likewise from me! Just let me say how much I've enjoyed this class! I've learnt so much, and the other contributor's examples have been fantastic! And I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's gallery posts! And many thanks for all your positive feedback! Hope to take another class with you sometime! - KayH
- Is this class open to International students? - YES! That's what is so great about online classes no matter where you are you can take it!
- Do I have to buy Claudine Hellmuth Studio products to take the class? No you don't at all. I suggest watching the videos to see which techniques you love and then using supplies that you may already have. Most of the supplies are simple items like paints, mediums and things you probably already have in your art stash and I am always happy to suggest replacement products as well!
- Do I have to be "present" each day to take the class? no you don't! you can follow along as the class progresses, or check in periodically and download the directions, watch the videos at your leisure!It is *best* if you can follow along with the class as I'll be able to comment on your work and help you, but if you are out of town, don't worry, you won't miss out on any details and you can catch up at any time!
- When does the class start? February 10th
- How much is the class? $50 for 5 weeks of instruction! That's only $1.42 a day!
- How long does the class stay active for those who registered? Students will have "forever access" to the class materials, which means that class will end March 12th (so there will no longer be teacher interaction), but students can go back at any point in time (as long as BPC exists) and access the class materials, gallery and message board! WOW!
- I am just starting making art/collage: that's great! You'll get a jump just by learning these fun techniques. It's a great place to start and just play and have fun!
- I've been doing art and collage for a long time: You can never learn too many techniques in my book! We all have our own ways of doing things and I bet I've got some new things that you can incorporate into your work!
- Will it work on my ipad? Yes! you can lie on the couch and watch all the videos right on your ipad!
- I've taken your other online classes, is this one the same? This class was first released in July, and will be the second time we are running it, so if you took the class in July it will be the same content. There are no plans to run it again in 2014. If you follow me closely and watch every single video, or have read all of my books etc etc, you may have seen a few of these techniques before. However, I have updated them with new tips, fresh videos and of course our amazing contributors will show you how they use the techniques in their work! Also I will be there answering all of your questions and commenting on your work in the gallery!
READY TO SIGN UP? CLICK HERE!
If you have any other questions that I didn't cover just post them in the comments and I will answer!
FTC Disclosure: links in this post are affiliate links. If you click and purchase my class, I will earn a small referral fee. I appreciate your clicks and support!
Labels: online classes