CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

way too much thinking
Last night I had such a hard time getting to sleep, my mind was racing with pressing issues like: remember to buy light bulbs, did I fill that prescription?, is the front door locked? don't forget to buy more cat litter...... etc etc.

I was up until 2am thinking of all sorts of silly things that didn't really need dealing with just then. I tried reading, drinking warm milk, even Tylenol PM, but nothing was making me sleepy. arrrugh! I hate it when that happens!

So needless to say, today was a little slow. I did manage to get a little work done and I'm going to try and get an early night so maybe tomorrow I'll be friskier. I hope so!

Here's a PoppetTM Sketch commission that I finished up and sent off! What a sweet family! I love all the critters! The one little kitty got cut off in my scanner, but he's all there in real life.
COMMENTS:
Magnesium. It works every time. Usually at the vitamin shop or at Trader Joes they have powdered magnesium that you can put in water, or a calcium/magnesium combo that works well. If you have a cup of warm milk with some magnesium powder in it, you'll be dead to the world before you know it. I also like CalMagFizz which you can buy at the health food store. It's powdery like EmergenC or Airborne, and it comes in lots of great flavors, and when I take that in the evening, I get all warm and fuzzy and sleepy. If that doesn't work, try a capsule of 5HTP, tryptophan is what it is. I used to take that instead of chemical stuff like Tylenol PM (BAD for the liver) back when I had trouble sleeping. There's nothing more annoying than laying there with your endless mental list when you just want to sleep.
 
hi there-from your "bathroom buddy!"
walmart has a sleep aid-over the counter-that i take one (not 2) to help me fall asleep-won't be totally oblivious and won't wake up w/hangover feeling either. (equate nighttime sleep aid) has diphenhydramine-
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC