You are in for a treat with this class!! If you sign up we'll be spending 4 weeks together, from June 19th - July 17th -- you'll come away refreshed and loaded with new inspiration and ideas! Think of it as an arty summer camp for your creative soul!
This online class isn't just a blog with a password. It's Audio, Video, Slide Shows, Handouts, Message Boards and more. I will be there with you to guide you along and it will be a truly interactive experience - and here's the best part - I comment on EVERY SINGLE artwork that is posted in the gallery, so it's a great chance to get one on one feedback from me about your work!
Here's a little video from me to you all about the class and why composition is so important!
What a few participants said after taking the Composition for Collage class:
This composition class gave me a whole new perspective on everything I do from this point on - changed my style completely causing me to express in a new direction. - username Ourlife
One of my all-time favorite classes. Claudine not only gives great information, but was so involved in giving feedback that I couldn't believe it. She is one incredible artist and person! - Kathleen Conrad
This class is so worth it...in collage sometimes less is more...this class helps you learn that...and the icing on the cake is Big Picture classes are accessible forever after you purchase them...you can't beat that deal!!! - E'Layne Koenigsberg
Full details are below and to register NOW click here!!
COMPOSITION FOR COLLAGE - CLASS DESCRIPTION
I have developed this class much like my popular Composition class that I have taught in live workshops all over the US, Canada and in Italy. Now brought to you in an online format!
Let me tell you a little background: When I was in art college getting my BFA degree we had very rigorous training in the fundamentals. We took 2 years of classes in composition. Yes TWO YEARS! That's how important good composition is!
Well you can skip the two years of training because I have boiled down various methods, gleaned from my art college days and developed surefire tools for creating strong compositions in your projects. Easy to learn and quick to implement, you will be making professional looking collages by the end of the first week. I promise!
Are you ever working on a project and you just feel something in your belly that says “this is not quite right but I don’t know how to fix it?” I will give you have the tools to know how to fix it so you can make your best work!
Each week I will go over a new composition method by video and slide show in a fun lighthearted and easy to understand format. You’ll have images to download and all the tools you need to work with, no extra supplies are needed. It won’t be long before you discover how it easy it is and by using just a few new techniques, great compositions practically create themselves! Really!!
So whether you are a scrapbooker making the transition to mixed media work, or have been creating altered artwork for some time…. you will find the investment in this class will give back to you for the rest of your creative life! Gone will be the frustration of working on composition. You’ll know how to apply the tools of good composition and it will make ALL the difference in everything you create!
THIS CLASS INCLUDES:
- Welcome notes from Claudine in the classroom
- Colorful instructional handouts with step-by-step instructions for each lesson/project
- 20 sheets of high resolution printable collage pages created from Claudine's favorite images -- all to use in our composition exercises (a $100 value!!)
- Instructional videos
- Powerpoint slideshows with Claudine's audio instruction
- Reminder emails when the classroom is updated with new materials
- Weekly emails offering inspiration, images from other artists and discussion about what we are working on that week
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates and Claudine
- Email access to Claudine and lots of "Claudine" time
- Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates
- Feedback directly from Claudine on artwork posted in the classroom gallery
- and more!!
ALL FOR JUST $30!!
- Is this class open to International students? - YES! That's what is so great about online classes no matter where you are you can take it!
- Do I have to buy all Claudine Hellmuth Studio products to take the class? No you don't. Actually there is NO SUPPLY LIST. I repeat. NO SUPPLY LIST. Work with what you have and use the downloads I provide. yay!
- Do I have to be "present" each day to take the class? no you don't! you can follow along as the class progresses, or check in periodically and download the directions, watch the videos at your leisure! it is *best* if you can follow along with the class as I'll be able to comment on your work and help you, but if you are out of town, don't worry, you won't miss out on any details!
- When does the class start? June 19th
- How much is the class? $30 for 4 weeks of instruction! That's only $1 a day!
- Where is the supply list? Actually there is NO SUPPLY LIST. Work with what you have and use the collage downloads I provide. Easy!!
- How long does the class stay active for those who registered? Students will have "forever access" to the class materials, which means that class will end July 17th (so there will no longer be teacher interaction), but students can go back at any point in time (as long as BPC exists) and access the class materials, gallery and message board! WOW!
- I am just starting making art/collage: that's great! You'll get a jump just by learning these composition techniques and it will save you a lot of headaches.
- Will it be fun? Composition sounds like math? Of COURSE it will be FUN!! I like to have fun. I promise we'll be learning and laughing!! Let me tell you one thing this class WON'T be is intimidating. I make sure it's a considerate and supportive environment to post your work. You will be getting supportive and encouraging but useful feedback that you can use right away. NO harsh critiques.
- Will it work on my ipad? Yes! you can lie on the couch and watch all the videos right on your ipad!
- I took this class in 2012, is this one the same? Yes it is the same class, but all the live interactions with me are live and fresh and new with new questions, new answers and new chats etc.
If you have any other questions that I didn't cover just post them in the comments and I will answer!
Class runs from June 19th-July 17th but you will have lifetime access to all the materials and instructions!
FTC Disclosure: links in this post are affiliate links. If you click and purchase my class, I will earn a small referral fee. I appreciate your clicks and support!
Labels: online classes
I'm a scrapbooker who's been really drawn to collage for a while now, so I am thinking about signing up for your class very soon! Thanks for the video explaining the class.
you will get the downloads each week of class, you don't have to use them in class, they are just a "bonus" so don't feel hat you have to race out and get them printed. Any printer will work fine!
the focus of the course is on design principles that can be used with any kind of media: collage, scrap booking, photography etc
collage principles and using mixed media elements is discussed as well as used as examples in the lectures. But you can easily take these ideas and use the principles to apply to any medium you choose :)
There are no "projects" in the class, students are encouraged to do the suggested homework exercises in the medium of her choice (artjournaling etc) and upload to the gallery and I will be able to critique and comment on those exercises.
In previous years we saw homework assignments ranging from abstract painting, to scrap booking, card making and even quilting! I do comment on every homework piece uploaded to the gallery so It's a great place to get feedback. In previous years, I've had some students take the class just for the opportunity for the one on one feedback!
let me know if you have any other questions at all!!
thank you so much for your comment! i'm not teaching in person classes anymore, as for the online class you will have forever access to the materials, so you can go back and review the videos and lessons at anytime forever after the class is over. the class can take as much time or as as little time as you want it to each week. if you want to spend a lot of time on the homework then you can make a few examples, or if you are short on time you don't have to make any. each week the video and audio lessons are about an hour to an hour and a half long. I hope that helps! let me know if you have any other questions at all :)
I would really like to sign up for class as I definitely need help with composition, fundamentals and "fixes" but, I'm more of a cardmaker and not much of a "collage" or altered type. Would this still be a helpful class for me?
I've formatted the class so that you can easily take these ideas and use the principles to apply to any medium you choose :)
Students are encouraged to do the suggested homework exercises in the medium of choice ( card making etc) and upload to the gallery and I will be able to critique and comment on those exercises