I love listening to podcasts.
It seems that when I am listening to a good story or an interview it seems to keep my brain busy so that I am not thinking “too much”. My left-brain is concentrating on the story and my right brain can be creative without my inner critic rearing up! Or at least that's the plan :)
I have a whole list of them and I thought I’d share them with you!
Click the links below or search on itunes to download:
- Craft Sanity
- Creative Living with Jaime
- Escape from Illustration Island
- Big Illustration Party Time
- An Illustrated Life with Danny Gregory – he’s not making any more of these but don’t miss the old episodes
- Michael Nobb’s AudioBook
- The Accidental Creative
- Art a GoGo
- Art Heroes Radio
- Art and Soul Radio with Lesley Riley
- Art Marketing Action Podcasts from Alyson Stanfield – Alyson stopped making these but listen to the old episodes
- Freelance Radio – this one stopped for a bit but I hear it is starting up again!
- Creative Solopreneur Podcast by Abby Kerr – this one isn’t on itunes (wish it was!) but you can listen here.
- How She Really Does it with Koren Motekatis
- The Great Work Interviews
STORIES / TALK:
Let me know if you have any favorites not on this list. I am always looking for new podcasts!
Cannot tolerate words -- spoken or sung -- while actually writing. Need just melody.
As you said, there are still 3.5 years of weekly Art Marketing Action podcasts to be heard in the archives. I hope I can charm you with better audio in the future.
I love This American Life; Wait, Wait Don't tell Me (funny!); TED; More Hip than Hippie; KCRW's Good Food; We Like it Raw; Mysterious Universe; and whatever else I'm into that week. :)
Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out some of the ones you listed!