CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

weekend roundup!
A few pics from our weekend! Saturday morning we walked to Adams Morgan and went to the bank, then walked back and stopped at Greater Goods which as a natural home type store. We picked up a shopping wheely cart so I don't have to keep using Toby's stroller as a shopping cart for groceries.

Then we went to Green Pets to pick up pet food and then to the U Street Farmer's Market which is just 2 blocks from where we live. We got yummy peaches and tomatoes and french bread ( I already ate almost an entire loaf!)

farmers_market

farmers_market2


I had a huge nap, while Paul went to try out the local soccer league.

Today we went to the Eastern Market. I think the better day to go to that is on a Saturday when they have more artists there, but we did pick up some home made salsa and hummus. Yum yum! It was too hot for me to walk around the flea market part and Paul was interested in it at all. So we saved our energy for the Barracks Row stores and went to Ispo Crafto a cute little art supply store in SE DC.

ipso_craftso

We also stopped at Pawticulars and got some snacks for Toby. I asked them about their pet sitting service for Stanley and Mabel but it sounds like they don't work much in NorthWest DC which is where we are living. I will have to hunt for a good cat sitter so when we visit Florida we can leave with confidence!

After the Eastern market we came back to our end of town and stopped at Love Cafe to have a cupcake from cake love. Hmmm!A super yummy - VERY good cupcake!!


love_cafe_cupcake

Now we're going to settle in for the night and watch a new movie from NetFlix. See you tomorrow!

Labels:

COMMENTS:
So glad to see you are enjoying all the area has to offer.
 
wow, it looks like you're in a great area...so many fun things to do! and the bread and cupcake look delish!
 
Hi Claudine,

I live in the district and have a cat sitter whom I've hired during the holidays for about 4 years now. Would be happy to give you her info!

The portrait gallery is one of my favorite galleries (I like the old photographs)... just down the road toward the Archives building, the best mojitos in town can be had.

Wishing you fewer headaches and more gallery visits,

Susan
www.visual-voice.net
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC