CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

we're still winners!!!
The Network for Good grant contest is officially over and even though A Place to Bark didn't win the $50,000 grant, we are still winners!!!!


I just got off the phone with Bernie, she is 180 miles away from Chicago with her 41 dogs and 1 kitten all on their way to new homes and we were talking about how much GOOD has come from this!!! This has been amazing!! We have made new friends, we raised over $42,000!!!!!! and we have a matching grant of $35,000 from the Zoline foundation!! So we have raised $77,000. WOWZA!! and all because of each and everyone of you!!!

We truly felt everyone's support for this cause and it is so touching to see everyone rallying behind Bernie's effort to save the lives of these animals. Together person by person, we did what we thought we couldn't do. This has been an incredible experience and it brings me to tears. Not because we didn't "win" because when you think about it -- we did win!! Each and everyone of you made this fund raiser drive a SUCCESS!!!! We raised a total of $77,000 because of YOU!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

Bernie says she will still be able to build a shelter with the money raised. It will have to be a smaller shelter but it will still happen. We can all follow the progress on her blog here!

I would also like to thank you my blog readers! I was worried that posting so much about this effort might be off putting to my readers, but I have been thrilled and delighted at the new friends I have made, and the outpouring of support that you have shown for A Place to Bark and this cause that is so close to my heart. Thank you to each and everyone of you for helping, spreading the word and being supportive of the animals!!!

What happens now?
Now Network for Good will audit all the donations from the badges to strip off the duplicate donors to get to the "real" results of individual donors. In 30 days they will notify the official winners. Could A Place to Bark still win? In theory that could happen if one of the other badges had many duplicate donors. A Place to Bark will still receive $1,000 from Network for Good for placing in the top 8, so that is wonderful!! All the final contest details are on this page here from Parade Magazine who sponsored the challenge.

Donation Gifts/Prizes
Bernie's husband Jeff is furiously inputting all of the donor's information into a database, it is taking some time because we have so many donors (yay!!!!) as soon as the database is built we will select the winners of the donation gifts and artwork. not to worry! I will keep you updated here!! We will do this as soon as possible!!

I will post any other updates I can think of here! Thank you for bearing with me with this fund raiser drive and thank you for your amazing support! I promise I will be back to art stuff in my next posts!

Labels:

COMMENTS:
It was great to see so many people rally around Bernie & her rescue operation. I think it's pretty evident how many of us bloggers love animals & want to help make a difference. Very heartwarming! And we will all continue are efforts to further Bernie's work, as well as other rescue operations in our local communities. Thanks for all you updates & hard work Claudine!

Hugs, Jessica Hood
http://www.funkyfinds.blogspot.com
 
Hi Claudine and Bernie
I just wanted to say thank you for the positive energy you both radiate. I am so happy to have met you and been a part of this wonderful fundraiser. We all pulled together and accomplished a wonderful amazing goal. I am so glad Bernie will get to build her shelter.
and when the raffle winners are announced, I am excited to send the recipent of my donation, the signed print of their choice. :)
This has been very exciting and alot of fun.
Melissa
http://www.pugnotes.com
Uncommon Pug and Dog Art
 
I just wanted to say that you are a terrific friend to Bernie! I found all of you guys a couple of years ago by way of another blog and I've been spying on you ever since because I adore all of the art. And now I've gotten a glimpse of your humanity and your enthusiasm -- The internets are a wonderful thing. :)

Thanks for the inspiration! And congratulations on the amazing success of a good campaign.
 
Yay, you did a good job promoting Bernie's cause Claudine:)
 
That is beyond fabulous!! Yippee!! Woof! Woof! Meow! xo, suzy
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Great news Claudine, Bernie is still a winner to all of us! She is doing a great service to all of the animals. Now if we could shout from the rooftop, "Spay and Neuter Your Pets".
 
Thanks, Claudine, for being such an advocate for such a great cause!
 
Thank YOU for being such a big cheerleader for Bernie. I just read her blog this morning and clicked over here to yours. I have always said Bernie is an Earth Angel and now I know she shares those wings with a friend named Claudine.
 
This was a wonderful effort, and I'm so glad that Bernie can move onto building something of a new kennel. There is a special place in Doggie heaven for Bernie and for you too!
 
I always enjoy visiting your blog. Your collage style is so unique. I can see that your really put your heart into your work.
 
Thanks for the update Claudine. That's wonderful news. I am sure that the publicity will also continue to benefit Bernie and all her rescue efforts!!!! I have a lump in my throat just typing this. I've gotta go home and hug my doggie!!
 
Just wanted to extend a thank you, for all of the amazing hard work you did behind scenes for Bernie's cause! You are amazing & I know she must appreciate you beyond words!!

thanks for all of the updates throughout the process, it was a nail biter for sure ;)

xo ~Bella
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC