CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

one of those days....
Today was one of those days that got sucked up by annoying errands. I hate it when that happens, it drives me crazy because the whole time I am running errands I am thinking "I should be doing this and that and the other instead of doing this" BUT I also need to run these errands. I always get a migraine and grumpy on days like this.

It started off good, I was working away, then remembered that it was time to get Mabel checked for her re-occurring bladder infections so off to the vet I went. They were busy there so it took a long time.

Then I needed to mail out a few packages. Rather than go to the Post Office I decided to go to a little Pak Mail place and send from there. The woman behind the counter told me that my global priority mail package to Australia would be $37. That's THIRTY SEVEN DOLLARS!! I was sure she had it wrong so then I went to the real Post Office and waited in line and they told me the same thing, that Global Priority Mail no longer exists (what!) and now you have to send First Class International or something. Grrr! So then I went back home and repacked my package and then mailed it off again.

Then I had to go to the drug store and other places and before I knew it the day was gone. Now I am exhausted! I wish I was one of those people who could run errands and do a million things, but I never have that kind of energy. For me, it's either work in the studio OR run errands. I can never do both.

So tomorrow I will get an early start and make up for lost time today! whew!

Labels:

COMMENTS:
Did you take time to buy your bathing suit?
 
Ugh. I know exactly what you mean... one or the other for me, too :)
 
well, it seems like you an I had the same day yesterday...

I think I will be able to do both work and errands once they add those extra hours in the day I have been begging for, or I start being able to go without sleep
 
Hey hey!
I know days like those... except mine begins behind an office desk- stuck in an office job- with ZERO creativity! I sit here and think of all of the things I could be doing... sigh... (I know it could be worse...)

Maybe you could use a little interesting good news???

So when I was on vacation in Las Vegas- I stopped in "Julie Jane Paper Co" to buy some papers. THEY HAD A MILLION cool papers by the way! Drool!

Anyhoo- while I was in there- I overheard one of the owners talking to a customer about YOUR LINE!!! HOW COOL IS THAT! She was saying a hundred great things about you and your line of Poppet Papers and such! She managed to sell a bunch of stuff to her...

I knew that I when I got back- that I just had to tell you- because there is NOTHING as fun as knowing that your work is touching a lot of people out there- in many corners of the world!

Huzzah!
GREAT JOB!!!

Have a better day... and kiss your fur-babies lots! (My new kitty Virgil needs to go to the vet to get checked out tomorrow- he is piddling all over- I am sure it is stress- but I want to be sure it is not medical first... Poor little man!)

XxooxX
Jane
 
If it makes you feel any better, it's even harder to run errands with a 2 year old! In & out of the carseat, running home because it's snack or nap time. Back out....ughhhh!
 
Yuck! I hate running errand days that take me away from the peace and quiet of my craft room.
 
Errands should be a four letter word! LOL! I just got back from running mine. I had to make sure I got home in time for the UPS guy to make a delivery I am waiting on. Still need to go to the grocery store which I absolutely LOATHE doing!
I hope you are catching up on things like you planned this morning.
 
Down with errands I say! And down with cleaning and grocery shopping, too!
 
$37.00 - WHAT? - No Global Priority Mail? hmmmm I just sent two Global Priority Flat Rate envelopes yesterday to Australia for $11.00 each - I use Stamps.com with the flat rate envelopes - was yours a box?

hoping today was a much happier and more productive day!
xoxx, Renée
 
I hate when that happens!

Mabel is adorable!
 
Hey, I'm with ya on the errands thing. They take way too much precious time. Sorry to hear about the migraine. Hope you have meds that work. I suffer from them too so I can empathize. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day.
 
i think we have the same schedules and body types (but not size!). i can do either errands OR art, not both. i also wake up early and need naps, like you. and the end of most days lately brings me a migraine.

but we push through!

:)
 
oh icky frustrating days!:(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC