CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

weekend warrior
This weekend I cleaned out the Master Bedroom closet while Paul and his buddies watched football. What a mess our closet was! I cleaned out 6 bags of clothes for charity and a ton of old shoes and now it's looking so neat I can hardly stand it.

I also changed the doors on all our medicine cabinets to much nicer ones I got from Lowes.

Then I went on a touch up paint mission. Most of our walls are all this odd taupe color that looks brown in some light and purple in others. I am not a big fan of the color but with lots of large artwork on the walls I have managed to "make it work" (as Tim Gunn would say). I have not gotten to repainting yet, maybe in 2008 December break I will repaint the inside of the house!

So anyway, I took some shelving down so I was in major need of touch up paint. Since the people who lived here before us didn't leave us any colors, I took a slice from the wall and headed to Home Depot to have them match it. I brought the paint home and tested it and it was WAY off. Like not even passable. ugh! So then I thought I'd try Lowes and see if they were any better at matching. I had them mix some up from the same sample and it's much closer. 99% there. Yay Lowes!

I did also manage to get a little studio time in there between all the house work, but Jan 1st it's back to work full time. I have enjoyed a little break from making art -- all this house cleaning has given me a chance to mull over some ideas and think about some projects I am working on with new perspective. yay!

Labels:

COMMENTS:
I wish you a happy and creative new year! Thank you so much for inspiring me!
 
That paper doll thing is SO cute. Happy New Year!
 
A little cuckoo betting!

Just to tell you that I love your work;

I wish you the best for 2008


Amicalements
Ana

Google translation
 
I love to 'clean and mull'! Some of my best art ideas come when I am cleaning...
Happy New Year!
eBeth
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC