CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

good listening
I have mentioned here before what a HUGE fan I am of This American Life with Ira Glass.

This weeks' episode was all about art!! Loved, loved, loved this episode! Go here to listen and click on the orange "full episode" link to listen for free on your computer.

In this episode there is a thought provoking segment about a Balloon Artist who is shunned by his fellow artist friends for becoming "too commercial".

You also hear from David Sedaris, one of my all time fav authors talking about his experience with performance art. Hilarious! This essay is from his book Me Talk Pretty One Day and listening to him read it is priceless. If you need a laugh today, listen to this segment!

Labels:

COMMENTS:
I love love love This American Life and download the podcast every week. Can't wait to get to this one.
 
David Sedaris is one of my favorites too, as is This American Life. Thanks for the heads up about the art one, Claudine!
 
Me Talk Pretty One Day is one of my all time favorite books. I laugh so hard when I read it. I'll check-out the broadcast.
 
hello claudine! HUGE fan of ira glass and this american life (as well as david sedaris)... and yes, I heard that one! so fantastic.

also, just wanted to let you know I'll be taking your magazine alterology workshop when you come to portland for art & soul this fall... sososo excited!

keep on with the great work, girlie! you're the cat's meow. xoxo
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC