CLAUDINE HELLMUTH
CLAUDINE HELLMUTH blog   

home and art show
I made it home last night after a wonderful last day at the workshop. It took us 5 hours to drive home because we got stuck in traffic. ugh! But we did stop to eat at Sushi Thai one last time before leaving so I could have those Thai Donuts again! Yay!

Today Paul and I drove down to Tampa to see my work that was in an invite only show by Katherine Gibson who is a private art dealer. Every once in awhile she converts her house into a gallery show for her clients, so they can see the art in a home setting. It was so much fun to see my work
grouped in with other artists and displayed in such a lovely setting. It was a breath of fresh air and I am so glad I took the time to go.

In the morni
ng I had worked myself into a quite a state: Toby had an eye infection and needed running to the vet, I have a huge stack of emails that piled up while I was away teaching, and some reproductions I had made of of my work did not turn out good (I'm blaming the mercury retrograde). So I was feeling flustered, overwhelmed and out of sorts. I am so glad that I took the time to go to the show because I feel so much better, more centered and ready to face the world again.

Here are some photos from the show!














one of my 3-d cigar box artworks on a nightstand























metal sitting Poppets® on a window ledge....






















more metal sitting Poppets® on a window ledge....






















An assortment of 3-d cigar box collages, a sitting lady and a Poppet® doll....






















And on our way there we were driving behind this ... we thought it was hilarious the Mini on top of that giant Hummer.

Paul and I got Love Me If You Dare, in from Netflix, so I am going to snuggle down and watch it. I can get back to catching up and dealing with the real world tomorrow, for now I am going to relax and try not to feel stressed out or overwhelmed.

nighty night!


EDITED 10pm: Only two stars for Love Me if You Dare. It wasn't at all the Amelie style movie I thought it would be. It was odd and disturbing. Oh well!

Labels: , ,

COMMENTS:
I'm a big fan, and I live in orlando too! I've also had trouble finding a decent thai food restaurant. I live in the UCF area, and on my drive to my internship i always see this little hole-in-the-wall restaurant on Goldenrod and Aloma (winter park area) that has christmas lights on the roof that spell out "THAI FOOD."

i decided to try it, so a friend of mine and I went there and it was pretty decent. I don't know if you've tried it before, but if you ever drive over that way, maybe you should pop in!
 
I'm glad you are back safe and sound from your workshop. We are getting 14 inches of snow right now in WI. So tomorrow I am going to be trying some of your techniques that I learned in your book. I can't wait!

a very snuggly day tomorrow. My husband is watching the movie "Goonies" right now. It's so halerious to here him laugh at it.

Talk to you soon.

Sue
 
The home art gallery sounds like lots of fun. I know a watercolor artist who did this each year before Christmas - just in time for holiday shopping. Loved it.
 
hi Claudine!

so glad you posted photos of your pieces on exhibit - what a great idea for a show and how wonderful your work looks in this setting!

thanks for sharing! now lots of r&r! all the best from so. cal.!
 
I love your work! I just recently discovered your podcast and listened to all of them in one day! Hope you do a new episode soon. Thanks for the inspiration.
 
Loved the sitting Poppets, so cute! Will you be doing a show every in Omaha, Nebraska? :)
 
How would one acquire one of your metal sitting poppets??

Love them!
 
I love the metal sitting PoppetsĀ® too!! The are so adorable! Only a month before you come up to Vancouver!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

press
contact me
my books & dvds
books with my work
previous posts
archives


Powered by Blogger
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG'S FEED
all artwork and text
© Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC
content of this site may not be reproduced in any manner without advance written permission

 

artwork portfolios | licensing | product shop | workshops & events | press room | blog | about me | contact | home

CLAUDINE HELLMUTH : Hip Art for Playful Hearts : Mixed media Collage and Custom Commissioned Artwork


All artwork and text in this web site copyright © Claudine Hellmuth Creative LLC