I'll be checking in via phone on Twitter and Facebook and I'll try to give you a few little sneak peeks!
Have a great weekend!
The online event will kick-off on Saturday, May 7th at Noon EST/9am PST. You can look forward to 12 jam-packed hours offering creative challenges every hour, live chats with industry professionals, amazing giveaways, and constant inspiration and interaction!
The best part? It's all FREE! Yes FREE!! Get started here!
I hope that you’ll join me for the Creative Crop on May 7th at Noon EST, 9am PST. I'll be chatting in the classroom, answering questions for an hour at Noon EST, 9am PST on May 7th. you don't want to miss my challenge - it's a fun one AND I included FREE a download to get you started!
ONLINE CLASS WITH ME!
Also ... did you know that I am teaching an online class this summer at Big Picture Classes? It's 4 weeks, unlimited lifetime access, jam packed with information all for just $30. All about Composition for Collage! More info here!
In March I taught at the Inkpad in NYC and one of the attendees was a fellow miniature friend and artist that I "met" on twitter.
When she came to take my workshop, Ketsia brought the most lovely and amazing gift! A mini studio complete with easel and painted up side table. Mini canvas, mini sketch book, tubes of paint and mini paint brushes all that she had made herself. Her attention to detail was astounding! I was beside myself with her generosity and I couldn't wait to do a dollhouse piece with her amazing minis!
Be sure to also check out Ketsia's blog where she hosts Miniature Mondays! She even has a once a month mini club which I am so jealous! What fun would that be!
Here's Betty inside the dollhouse creating an artwork in her little studio! here you can see some of Ketsia's amazing minis!
And because I have had this idea in my head for a long time -- I experimented with drawing my own environment. I wanted to keep the background white with just line drawing. I really like the look but have to experiment more to get the photography better. It needed a lot of editing in Photoshop to get the whites clean! Maybe time for a better camera! !
Thank you again Ketsia for your wonderful gift of minis!
Labels: dollhouse project
In the article I talk about how my little folding tables have come with me from studio to studio for more than 17 years and more importantly --- it's NOT how amazing your studio is that matters, it's what you CREATE in it that's important!
I am thrilled to be in an issue with such an inspiring group of creative ladies!
Check it out on news stands now!
This piece was an illustration that I created as one of four illustrations to go with this article in the The Saturday Evening Post.
Have a great weekend everyone!
First let's answer the question, what is a glaze? A glaze in painting refers to a layer of paint, (usually thinned with a medium) so that it becomes transparent allowing the surface underneath to show through.
Many times I create a transparent layer of paint simply by adding more water to my acrylic paints, to make a wash. But if you are working on delicate paper using a lot of water might not be the best way to go. For example if you are working in altered book and you would like the text of the paper to show through, but soaking the page with a messy wash of paint, could damage the pages underneath ......
That's where glazes come in handy and it's so easy to make your own! Ready? here we go!
First, place a small dot of Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi Medium and another dot of acrylic paint onto your palette.
Mix together with your brush and you've created a glaze! That's it! You can vary the amount of Multi Medium used to make your glaze more or less transparent.
Brush onto your paper and you can see what a nice transparent glaze of color you have created! That was easy!
Here you can see by the stripe at the bottom the difference between paint applied at full strength vs. the glaze of paint.
You can use glazes to alter the look of scrapbook paper, photocopies, maps, just about anything that you would like to add a little tint of color to! Happy glazing!
I have been hard at work on my NEW online class and I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am about it!
You are in for a treat with this class!! If you sign up we'll be spending 4 weeks together, from June 2nd - June 29th -- you'll come away refreshed and loaded with new inspiration and ideas! Think of it as an arty summer camp for your creative soul!
This online class isn't just a blog with a password. It's Audio, Video, Slide Shows, Handouts, Chats, Message Boards. I will be there with you to guide you along and it will be a truly interactive experience. I can tell you that gals at Big Picture Classes REALLY know how to put a high tech online class together and you will not be disappointed!
Full details are below and to register NOW click here!!
COMPOSITION FOR COLLAGE - CLASS DESCRIPTION
Do you ever create a project or artwork and think – this just isn’t working, but I don’t know how to fix it!? This is where composition comes in! In Composition for Collage, you will learn tricks of the trade to help you create successful compositions without creating visual overload – specifically in regards to mixed media.
Claudine Hellmuth, has taught this popular workshop live internationally, and is now bringing it to you in an online format with Big Picture Classes. Claudine has boiled down the various methods, gleaned from her art college days, and developed surefire tools for creating strong compositions in your work. Easy to learn and quick to implement, you will be making professional looking collages by the end of the first week.
Each week, Claudine will teach a new method, guiding you through each step and will offer advice and tips on your projects. It won’t be long before you discover how easy composition is and that by using just a few new techniques, great compositions practically create themselves! At the end of the class you will have a least four finished projects (probably a lot more!) and the knowledge to take your work even further!
Whether you are a scrapbooker making the transition to mixed media work, or you have been creating altered artwork for some time, you will find that the investment in this class will give back to you for the rest of your creative life! Gone will be the frustration of working on composition; you will know how to apply the tools of good composition and it will make all the difference in everything you create!
THIS CLASS INCLUDES:
- Welcome notes from Claudine in the classroom
- Colorful instructional handouts with step-by-step instructions for each lesson/project
- 20 sheets of high resolution printable collage pages created from Claudine's favorite images -- all to use in our composition exercises (a $100 value!!)
- Instructional videos
- Powerpoint slideshows with Claudine's lively audio instruction
- Reminder emails when the classroom is updated with new materials
- Weekly emails offering inspiration, images from other artists and discussion about what we are working on that week
- Private posting gallery to share your work and view the work of your classmates and Claudine
- Email access to Claudine and lots of "Claudine" time
- Message board to share your thoughts with your classmates
- Two live chats with Claudine
- and more!!
ALL FOR JUST $30!!
- Is this class open to International students? - YES! That's what is so great about online classes no matter where you are you can take it!
- Do I have to buy all Claudine Hellmuth Studio products to take the class? No you don't. Actually there is NO SUPPLY LIST. I repeat. NO SUPPLY LIST. Work with what you have and use the downloads I provide. yay!
- Do I have to be "present" each day to take the class? no you don't! you can follow along as the class progresses, or check in periodically and download the directions, watch the videos at your leisure! it is *best* if you can follow along with the class as I'll be able to comment on your work and help you, but if you are out of town, don't worry, you won't miss out on any details!
- When does the class start? June 2nd
- How much is the class? $30 for 4 weeks of instruction! That's only $1 a day!
- Where is the supply list? Actually there is NO SUPPLY LIST. Work with what you have and use the collage downloads I provide. Easy!!
- How long does the class stay active for those who registered? Students will have "forever access" to the class materials, which means that class will end June 29th (so there will no longer be teacher interaction), but students can go back at any point in time (as long as BPC exists) and access the class materials, gallery and message board! WOW!
- I am just starting making art/collage: that's great! You'll get a jump just by learning these composition techniques and it will save you a lot of headaches.
- Will it be fun? Composition sounds like math? Of COURSE it will be FUN!! I like to have fun. I promise we'll be learning and laughing!!
- Will it work on my ipad? Yes! you can lie on the couch and watch all the videos right on your ipad!
If you have any other questions that I didn't cover just post them in the comments and I will answer!
FTC Disclosure: links in this post are affiliate links. If you click and purchase my class, I will earn a small referral fee. I appreciate your clicks and support!
Stay tuned! On April 7th (this Thursday) I'll posting all the info for my new online class! See you then!